Monday, May 11, 2009

Rose Bowl Flea Market

I'm currently spending a few days in California with my wonderful family, and was thrilled to actually wish my mom a Happy Mother's Day in person. It can be really rough living so far away from my fam. Before our Mother's Day lunch, my sister and I decided to wake up early and spend a few hours at the Rose Bowl Flea Market located in my hometown, Pasadena. I'm ashamed to admit that I'd actually never been, but my mom and sister have been going for years. Held on the second Sunday of every month, it's packed with gorgeous furniture, lighting, and accessories. Some pieces are great as is, and some are just aching to be brought back to life with a fresh coat of paint. Not only are the prices hard to beat, the selection was surprisingly varied, and included a set of Bertoia chairs, drippy chandeliers, Regency style tables, and Hungarian plant stands. There's also great vintage clothing and jewelry - my sis managed to nab a great vintage bracelet almost as soon as we arrived. We only had a couple of hours to walk the aisles, but a couple of days wouldn't be time enough to see it all. If you go, get there early to avoid missing some great finds, and to avoid dealing with the crowds that descend around 10am. Here's a small sampling of the eye candy on display. 




My sister's vintage bracelet was only $20!!






No comments:

Post a Comment