Monday, May 18, 2009

Inspiration: Sofia Coppola

A few months ago I was on the hunt for an everyday bag, and I had some very clear criteria in mind. It had to be black leather, ample in size, simple enough that I wouldn't get sick of it, and timeless enough that it would never go out of style. I love the bag I ended up buying, but if Sofia Coppola's new collection for Louis Vuitton had been around back then my bag hunt may have had a different ending. Her aesthetic sensibility is the definition of timeless and classic, and it extends not only to her line of bags, but to her personal style, and even to her home. Sofia makes me want to get rid of all the clutter in my life and invest in a few key pieces that, like my bag, are simple and timeless. It's a great rule of thumb for your closet and your home - never overdone, always effortless, incredibly inspiring. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment