Thursday, July 2, 2009

Outdoor Decor

A good friend of mine just purchased an apartment here in NYC and has graciously asked me to help her design her new home (more on that later). The apartment includes the fabulous outdoor space pictured above, half of which is a lovely garden with tons of flowers and fresh herbs. We're going to transform this space into an outdoor oasis in which she'd like a dining area that can seat 6-8 and a place to lounge and read. The possibilities are endless! We are, of course, working with a budget, so that helps narrow things down a bit. I was flipping through my trusty back issues of Domino for inspiration and wanted to share a few of my favorite outdoor spaces from my favorite magazine. Don't worry, there will definitely be an After picture to go with the Before shot above.

Domino, May 2008, Miguel Flores-Vianna

Domino, May 2007, Melanie Acevedo

Domino, May 2007, Jack Coble

Domino, April 2008, Paul Costello

Domino, April 2006, Melanie Acevedo

Domino, June/July 2008, David Tsay

Domino, June/July 2008, Melanie Acevedo

Domino, May 2006, Paul Costello
On a side note, the chair above is on sale at Pier 1 Imports for $49.98 and looks nearly identical to the chairs in my last outdoor inspiration image. It's very Marston & Langinger for a fraction of the price. Not really my friends style but I've always had a personal obsession with wirework outdoor furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment