Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bachelor Pad

I spent the last few days with my family in California and while I was there, I stopped in to see my little brother's new loft in Santa Monica. Okay, he's not that little at twenty-six, but he'll always be little to me. This is his first real adult apartment (post-grad apartment complexes don't count), and I must say he hit the real estate jackpot. His place is five blocks from the beach, across the street from Whole Foods, and surrounded by tons of great restaurants and shopping. Then there's the light, soaring ceilings, and great spiral staircase. My brother happens to be one of the most generous, thoughtful, kind, all-around adorable people I know, and I'm determined to create a fabulous bachelor pad that he'll love coming home to after a long day. Here are a few "before" pics.

One of my favorite bachelor pads is the West Hollywood loft of Will Kopelman, featured in the May 2007 issue of ELLE Decor.
I think monogrammed hand towels are a must!
Images: ELLE Decor, May 2007, Simon Upton

The NYC home of formerly single John Dempsey is also a great source of inspiration. I can't wait to get to work!

Images: ELLE Decor, October 2004, William Waldron

No comments:

Post a Comment