Thursday, April 30, 2009

Outdoor Lounging

I know in admitting this I will incur the wrath of many of my fellow New Yorkers, but here goes: my apartment building has a lovely roof deck with teak chairs, chaises, and tables. As penance, anyone reading this is invited over anytime. Now that the weather has finally warmed up I've been spending more time up on the roof, and it's great eating dinner by the candlelight of a lantern. There is however one BIG problem. Approximately 15 minutes on a chair or chaise, and your tailbone starts to kill! Teak is great and all for outdoor furniture but comfy it most definitely is not. Solution: CUSHIONS!

Of course I immediately had visions of a chic box chaise cushion in one of  Trina Turk's new outdoor fabrics for Schumacher, with maybe a contrast welt thrown in for fun. Alas, a custom job just isn't in the cards right now, so I turned to some of my favorite outdoor sources and found you can put together some pretty chic and cheap combos, no upholsterer required. 

Moroccan Lounger
Chaise Cushion: $129, Ballard Designs; Pillow: $22.11 set of 2, Walmart; Lantern: $20,  Jamali Garden

Nautical Lounger
Chair Cushion: $210, Restoration Hardware; Pillow: $32, Pottery Barn; Lanterns: $15, $12, Jamali Garden

Tailored Modern Lounger

Chaise Cushion: $129, Ballard Designs; Pillow: $75, Charleston Garden; Lantern: $9.95, Crate & Barrel

Upper East Side Lounger

Chair Cushion: $199, Ballard Designs; Pillow: $12.99, Ballard Designs; Lantern: $59.95, CB2

No comments:

Post a Comment