Saturday, June 6, 2009

Picassos & Portals

I spent the whole day running around the city in the rain yesterday, and one of the stops on my list was the Picasso: Mosqueteros exhibit at the Gagosian Gallery. If you're in New York and you haven't seen it yet, get your booty over there now because today is the last day to see this incredible show. As I was walking east down 21st Street from the Gagosian, I was completely taken in by the loveliness of those few blocks. It's one of those rare areas where the bounty of trees and the beauty of each residence, with their steep staircases leading up to grand double doors, makes you forget that you're in the middle of Manhattan. Some of the doorways were so charming I had to snap a picture (if you happened to see a young woman randomly taking a picture of your apartment on 21st yesterday it was probably me). It's admittedly random to pair Picassos and front doors, but hey, that was my day - and it was a great one. 




I love this red lacquer door with the funky horseshoe crab door knocker. 

So random, but so great! Get your own horseshoe crab knocker here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment